Thursday, April 11, 2013

Love you long time: avoiding the undesirable in Thailand


Let's not lie to each other. Several people fly every year to Thailand only with the objective of exploring the erogenous areas of one of the most beautiful women in Asia. I don't blame them. However, they should bare in mind that Thailand is also famous for its several transsexuals (or ladyboys, as they are called by foreigners), who are not always very honest to you when it comes to their sex. So there's always the risk of asking for a passion fruit and receiving a banana instead. For a comprehensive and in-depth analysis of the aforementioned issue in Thailand I recommend the movie "Hangover Part II".

Transsexuals are so common in Thailand that you can see them everywhere: restaurants, shops, beauty salons, factories and even hospitals (one of my friends was diagnosed with dengue by a Dr. Ladyboy). Several popular Thai models are ladyboys and you can easily read who was the winner of the last beauty contest on regular newspapers.

As an experienced traveller, I believe it is also my duty to inform people about potential mistakes they can avoid when visiting other countries. I saw one foreigner being severely mocked at a hostel by his friend, because he kissed a ladyboy the night before, thinking she was a hot girl. If your plan is to try something exotic in Thailand, yet feminine, you can make sure you found what you were looking for (or increase the certainty level) by following the tips below, which I came up after an extensive research on the matter:

i) Look for Adam's apple: usually only men have that pronounced "ball" in their throat. So, if you see a Thai woman with that, "she" is very likely a "he"! Unfortunately, men can reduce Adam's apple with surgery.

ii) Analyse the face: men usually have bigger heads and women a more gentle face (subjective, I know, but use common sense). This becomes specially trickier in Thailand, where men also have a "gentle" face.

iii) Voice: Men usually have lower-pitched voices than women. Does she sound like Barry White?

iv) Look at the size of the feet: males more often have longer feet and it doesn't shrink during gender transition.

v) Oh no, It's time to fell it!: if you're still not sure of your partner's sex and honesty, its time to get your hands dirty. Gently ask to put your hands down there and check it out. If hes a post-op (I mean, if he concluded a full gender transition), I'm so sorry my friend, we tried everything we could. At least, in that case, you will probably never know the truth.

Extra: Thailand is also very famous for its massage, but if I were you I would ignore the girls that shout "helloooo massaaageeee"  or "love you long timeeee" in the streets of Bangkok, unless you want to be massaged by 11 fingers, instead of the usual 10.

If you are indeed looking for ladyboys in Thailand, then just ignore everything I just said. I once warned a foreigner in Ko Pha Ngan (one of Thailand's legendary party islands) that he was dancing with a ladyboy and not a woman. He gave me a straight answer: "thanks man, I know". Fair enough.


                                  
                               

No comments:

Post a Comment